Monday, August 12, 2024

A Note About Continuity Errors in Season 2

 


With S2 wrapped and my retrospective/prospective now published, I thought I'd deal with a couple of loose ends.  I'm talking about the continuity errors that popped up now and again over the past two years.

1. Lady Belagrette, the royal niece, who caused Catsbane so much trouble when he still went by the name 'Faylin' was said to have reported the wizard's apprentice to the prince, but later, it is said that Culfrey has no heirs.  This is an error, though an easy retcon would be to say that she actually reported him to the princess (see below).

2. Princess Lophasia is mentioned by name a few times, so how can Culfrey have no heirs.  This is another continuity error, but there's a good solution if we say that Lophasia is only blood related to the queen (probably from a previous marriage, and so married Culfrey as a widow).  Therefore she exists, is called 'princess' but she cannot inherit Culfrey's throne.

3. Catsbane, a wanted man, was allowed to go on the Tower mission to help recover the real holy symbol.  This isn't exactly an error, though it feels a bit odd.  It can be assumed that High Priestess Araness changed her mind, or was talked into changing her mind at some point.

4. Not really an error, but poorly communicated by me: Sivan's Skull, and the Hezrou's eye turn to obsidian when they are defeated.  One might be misled into thinking they have turned back when they are placed in the sarcophagus (perhaps due to my choice of sound effects) but the idea was that they always remained a skull and an eye, but the material they were made of changed. Sorry for the confusion here.

5. Are there more that I've missed? (Probably!) You can let me know in the comments if there's anything sticking in your craw and I'll add them to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment