Friday, March 26, 2021

Trying Something New: Casting Call Club

 A couple of weeks ago, I heard about this site called CastingCallClub.com from a friend and eventually I got around to checking it out.  It's a place where creators can link up with talent.  There's a few paid gigs and lots of unpaid gigs.

I figured it was worth trying, so I decided to start by auditioning for a few roles.  I think I sent in about 6 auditions last weekend.  So far I haven't heard back from any of them, but I'm really OK with that.  Most of the parts had at least 20 (and often way more) applicants.

Well, I thought that if the site wasn't going to awaken some new voice acting hobby of my own, it might well prove to be a good way to find talent for TOTM.  So, about an hour ago, I posted a couple of small roles.  My hope is that roles which are too small to offer to friends, colleagues and listeners (maybe they are just 2 or 3 lines long) could be filled by other willing volunteers.

If I get any kind of result, I'll blog about it here in the next couple of months.  If nobody auditions... well, no harm done. 

6 comments:

  1. I would love to do a voice part for your podcast/radio drama. I found that casting call club is not easily searchable. Are you listed there as tale of the manticore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listed there as Tale of the Manticore, but I just posted my firsts 2 roles and I don't even know if it published correctly. If you'd like to do a voice, let me know what your accent is and if you have access to a decent mic (or a phone and a quiet space to record). Get in touch by email: taleofthemanticore@gmail.com an we'll take it from there. Oh, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Good luck and I hope you find some people. It's such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Russ. We'll see. (If not, there's nothing lost, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. investment casting factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment. I'm always happy to put in some research if it might help the show... this one didn't pan out, but I'll keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete