Thursday, November 2, 2023

What is Done Cannot be ... Undone

 Oh oh, I goofed. Aaaand, it's kind of a big one. Through a combination of bad bookkeeping and laughable math skills, I killed one of my PCs.

I had heard a few months ago from a listener that my math was off during the fight with the Rhagodessas and I never got around to checking it (I probably just didn't want to know, tbh) but when I heard the same thing, recently, from a second listener, I gave in and checked.  Of course, they were right.  I'd forgotten to add Coll's level up hp from the episode before (ep30) to the one in which he dies (ep31).

Well, there's no bringing Coll back; all I can do is reupload the episode after plugging in some new numbers that fix the problem.  If you haven't yet reached episode 31, you'll likely detect the change in voice tone where these patches have been applied, but at least everything will make sense.

If you've already listened past that point, I bet you're thinking, "I thought something was wrong in that part of the story!"

Mia culpa. I apologize and will try to pay better attention in future.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! In my mind there's now a kinda alternate reality where Coll is alive and we're heading for a bro on bro showdown with Krell! 😎😁

    ReplyDelete