Wednesday, January 11, 2023

A little inspiration from Survivor 53 (Very Minor Spoiler for ep19)

 Now that both Survivor 53 and TOTM 19 are well in the past, I thought I'd share my inspiration for the nasty contrivance used on day three of the King's Three Days of Blood and Justice.  

In the episode, the prisoners are forced to hold closed the bottom trap doors of a trough of boiling oil as they stand under it.  The idea came from watching the latest Survivor, in which players were made to hold up a ball.  If it fell, they were out.  Of course, keeping it up required an amazing display of strength and physical (and mental) endurance, and it was only a matter of time before even the strongest could hold it no longer.  When I saw this on TV, I threw out my random table because I knew the Survivor idea was so much cooler (also I finally got to put ten foot poles in the show!).



No comments:

Post a Comment