Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Back in Toronto

 




I got back from an extended trip to Mexico just a couple of days ago and I'm doing a little catchup on the pod, which I had set to 'automate' while I was gone.

The automation went fairly smoothly, though there were a couple of hiccups, namely a problem with file naming that made S1E57 get replaced with S2E57 (my thanks to everyone who wrote in to inform me of the problem).  I have set things right now, though it might take a few days to update to all podcatcher services and Spotify.

While away, I was unable to record, but I did bring dice and that let me produce a lot of script, so for the next few weeks, I'll be focusing my efforts on recording and mixing.  

Also while away, I received some very cool listener made art that I am very eager to share here - that'll be coming up soon!

In other news, I was recently invited to attend ComicCon here in Toronto at the Canadian Podcast Awards booth.  More on that in a few days.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just randomly discovered your podcast, went through the first 4 episodes and I think it's really enjoyable! I like this sort of "curated actual play" so that you can condense a meaningful "encounter" in a ~25 minutes episode.

    I have a question: I have been wanting to try solo RPG for quite a while, but never found a system to generate a story that I liked. What are you using? Aside from some random tables, I mean.

    Thanks and again nice work on the podcast, it's been a nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, neonhexe - so glad you found (and are digging) the show! To answer your question: I don't use anything... I find it's not really necessary. If you do want something, I completely recommend the Mythic GME. It's just brilliant. If you're into something simpler, a d6 oracle like the one Simon uses in Legend of the Bones can work very well, too.

    ReplyDelete